Monday 12 October 2015

The Last Zone Conference

Well, this was a big week for me! This week I had my last ever Zone
Conference for my Mission. It was a very big one too. President
Erikson made some reflections on his time as Mission President, as
he's coming down the final leg of his mission as well. He told us of
the vision that he had for the mission. I'm probably not supposed to
mention what's going to happen, but safe to say we may be seeing big
things in the next couple of years for the Church in Malawi.

The big focus of the Zone Conference was finding not through tracting,
but by other means. He knows just as well as any other missionary that
tracting is the least productive thing to do in missionary work, and
he wants it to be a mission goal to have no tracting in November and
heading forward into the future. As such, the whole Zone Conference
was dedicated to using alternative finding efforts and getting the
members to be more involved in the work. The latter was an especially
big focus as members really are the best way to get people taught and
be baptized.

We were fed a wonderful lunch. They made us Sloppy Joes (which were
the BEST) and gave us cookies and ice cream as a treat. I took
advantage and make an ice-cream cookie sandwich out of mine!

I apologize, but that's really all for this week. I promise I'll make
it up with a better letter next week.
 
Love
Elder Massey 

No comments:

Post a Comment